Fall Crafts, Thanksgiving Crafts

Fall Feather Wreath

Unique fall wreath made with feathers glued onto a foam wreath base. Add a burlap bow to complete the look.

Fall is my favorite time of the year.  I love all the wonderful fall crafts!  This Fall Feather Wreath is budget friendly, easy to make and a beautiful addition to any fall decor.

A few days ago, I shared my Fall Feather Tree.  If you missed the post, you can see it here.  I like the idea of the feather tree and I’ve seen a lot of them in the stores lately.  I’m just not sure it works so well with the fall colors.

The feather tree was incredibly easy to make, but I only wanted one and I had a nearly full bag of feathers left over.

Using the remaining feathers, a Styrofoam wreath form, and my trusty hot glue gun, I created a beautiful Fall Feather Wreath in about half an hour.

The wreath form that I used had been used for several past projects, and it had seen better days. It was cracked and had several gashes in it.  A piece of duct tape solved the problem of the break, and a fresh coat of gold spray paint covered it pretty well.  I was unconcerned about the gashes because I knew the feathers would cover it well.

Start by attaching tan feathers to the form randomly with the glue gun.
Next, add the rust color randomly.
Add white feathers next.
Followed by the brown.   After the brown feathers were attached, I added in various colored feathers to fill in any remaining gaps and I put a row of feathers along the inside edge to cover the points of the feathers previously glued.

I searched around in my stash of ribbons to make a bow, and I found a piece of burlap ribbon, which really wasn’t long enough to make a fuller bow, but it works okay until I can get more ribbon.

As you can imagine, the wreath is lightweight and hangs easily on the door.  It will be a lovely welcome for my fall guests.

Hope the beautiful fall weather has found you!

1. Lisa Cestkowski
    September 13, 2015 at 10:40 pm

Looks great!

September 13, 2015 at 11:39 pm

Thanks Lisa!

September 13, 2015 at 10:42 pm

Hi Laurie,
    Wow that is the cutest wreath you made for fall! Great job.
    Wishing you a wonderful week.
    Julie xo

September 13, 2015 at 11:39 pm

Thanks Julie! Appreciate the visit. Hope you have a wonderful week ahead too!

3. Colleen
    September 14, 2015 at 9:23 am

Beautiful. Such quick and easy projects which really tickled my fancy. :} I just gotta make me one of these. Have no spray paint so thought I would cover wreath form with burlap, of which I have plenty on hand.
    From the looks of it, you're getting your home all decked out for Fall.
    Have a fun and enjoyable week

September 14, 2015 at 2:50 pm

Thanks Colleen! I think the burlap would work wonderfully! I appreciate your visits and comments very much. I hope you have a great week too!

4. Laurie,
    This is so cute!! Love it!! I am off now to take a peak at the feather tree post. I missed that one!!

Thanks so much for stopping by!

September 14, 2015 at 2:51 pm

Thanks Debbie! Always a pleasure to have you visit with me. Hope you have a wonderful week!

September 14, 2015 at 1:03 pm

It looks so fun! What a great way to use up the extra feathers! Reusing an old wreath form was a great idea, too. Have a lovely Monday.

September 14, 2015 at 2:57 pm

Thank you Beverly! Doesn't even compare to the beautiful wreaths you create! That poor sad wreath form was used for so many wreaths over the years and after it cracked I was going to throw it out, but then I spied the duct tape and thought, why not? Hope you have a wonderful week!

6. The Seana Method
    September 15, 2015 at 12:40 am

I love the gold spray paint… that sets a nice canvas for all things fall! Around here, I have tons of acorns all over my driveway – I bet I could mix those in with the feathers as well!

September 15, 2015 at 2:01 am

Yes you could and I bet it would be beautiful. Wish I had some acorns around my yard, but alas, we have no oak trees so I have to hunt them down! Thanks for stopping by today! I appreciate the visit 🙂