King's Scoop

Flowers to Say I Do

DIY wedding bouquets for fall wedding.

I was delighted when my daughter happily consented to my offer to make the wedding bouquets for her upcoming wedding. My last experience with this task was nearly 30 years ago, when I made bouquets for my sisters weddings.  Styles have sure changed over the years.

My daughter showed me several Pinterest pins she had saved so that I could get an idea of what she was looking for. Sunflowers were to be the main flower in the bridesmaid bouquets and she wanted something simple for her bouquet, but wanted to tie them all together.
I was thankful she was okay with silk flowers so I could make them early.  I know we will have a lot of last-minute tasks to worry about.
DIY Wedding bouquets for Fall Wedding.
DIY Wedding bouquets for Fall Wedding.
DIY Wedding bouquets for Fall Wedding.
DIY Wedding bouquets for Fall Wedding.

We are both very pleased with how these have turned out.    Less than 30 days to go. . . and tasks are getting done.  I have no doubt that this is going to be a beautiful wedding!

September 20, 2015 at 5:33 pm

Hi Laurie, wow those bouquets are going to look beautiful for the wedding. Good luck with the preparations.
    Thanks also for the follow and your sweet comments and visits to my blog posts.
    Have a nice Sunday.
    Julie xo

September 21, 2015 at 12:06 pm

Thank you Julie! And you're welcome! I enjoy stopping by. Have a wonderful week!

2. Chel at Sweetbriar Dreams
    September 20, 2015 at 6:23 pm

How lovely to have such colourful and natural looking bouquets. Looking forward to reading about the wedding day, not long now! Take care. Chel x

September 21, 2015 at 12:07 pm

Thank you Chel! Appreciate the follows and will return them too. Have a wonderful week!

3. Laurie,
    They are so pretty!! Love them! I made bouquets once for a co-workers wedding…..

September 21, 2015 at 12:08 pm

Thanks Deb! I enjoyed putting them together. Hope you have a great week!

4. The Seana Method
    September 21, 2015 at 12:53 pm

They are so pretty, and I never thought of using silk flowers. Definitely takes some of the pressure off of the last minute, and you know exactly what you will have, which isn't always the case with the florist!

September 21, 2015 at 10:04 pm

Thank you! Silk flowers are not for everyone, but they are working wonderfully for us! Thanks for stopping by today!

September 21, 2015 at 2:12 pm

These are lovely, Laurie. I think it's wonderful that your personal touch will be displayed at your daughter's wedding. I know you all are busy! It's great that you have these ready to go.

September 21, 2015 at 10:07 pm

Thanks Beverly! I'm happy to have these checked off my list . . . so I can move onto the next. Thanks for popping over today 🙂

September 28, 2015 at 1:47 pm

I remember those lists! Thanks for sharing on Snickerdoodle! Pinned and Tweeted.

September 28, 2015 at 1:56 pm

lol, yes, the lists, which tell me to make more lists. . . It is coming together nicely though. Thank you for the pin and tweet! The Snickerdoodle 100th party was so much fun! Glad I was able to be a part of it. Have a super week!

6. Laurie,
    Me again!!
    Just wanted to stop by again to thank you so much for your visits and all your kind and encouraging comments!! They truly brighten my day!!
    Hope you will have a wonderfuj weekend!!

Hugs,Deb

September 26, 2015 at 3:48 pm

Thanks Debbie! I love stopping over to visit with you 🙂 Hope you have a wonderful weekend too!

7. Jess
    September 29, 2015 at 3:43 am

These look so pretty! 🙂

Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

September 29, 2015 at 4:11 am

Thanks Jess! And thank you again for the feature this week!

8. Winnie