King's Scoop

St. Louis to Pacific Northwest And Back Again

Morning in Washington State.

Our family road trip this year was quite the adventure.  From St. Louis, Missouri to the Pacific Northwest – Olympic Forest in the beautiful state of Washington.  We traveled through 8 states and more miles than I care to count, but it was an incredible trip.

Today I’d like to share a few of the beautiful photos from our trip.  Many of these awesome shots were taken by my daughter. I’ll just give a brief description of each one.  Enjoy the scenery.

Beautiful painted bluffs, canyons, buttes, and hills pave the way west through Wyoming towards the Rocky Mountains.

Yellowstone National Park hot springs.

Yellowstone National Park hot springs

My son-in-law poses with the Travertine Terraces and the brewing storm clouds at Yellowstone.

Travertine Terraces and the brewing storm clouds at Yellowstone.
Taken at the Seattle aquarium.

Seattle, WA acquarium

My daughter and I hanging with the hanging mosses in the Hoh rain forest.

Hanging Mosses in Hoh State Park, WA.

One of the many great places to camp in the Olympic National Forest.

Olympic National Forest, WA.

My son going exploring with his dog.

Exploring WA state parks.

Making muscles while hunting for mussels in the tide pools at First Beach, Washington.

First Beach, WA.

Taking the ferry from Port Townsend to Coupeville.  My son and daughter.

Ferry from Port Townsend to Coupeville, WA

The Cascades at dusk.

The Cascades at dusk.

Serene mountains in Grand Teton National Park across Jackson Lake.

Serene mountains in Grand Teton National Park across Jackson Lake.

1. Reply
    Ambient Wares
    July 4, 2016 at 1:09 pm

Beautiful images! Especially the hot springs. I've never been to any of those places 🙁 Maybe one day!

1. Reply
      Laurie
      July 5, 2016 at 6:34 pm

Thank you! I had never been to Washington before and so glad we had to opportunity to go. Hope you get there one day!

2. Laurie,
    Absolutely beautiful photos! Stunning! Thanks so much for sharing your vacation with us!! What wonderful memories your children will have! Thanks so much for your visits! I hope you are having a great holiday weekend with your beautiful family!

1. Reply
      Laurie
      July 5, 2016 at 6:35 pm

Hi Debbie, Thanks for stopping by. It was a fabulous and exhausting vacation, but you're so right, we will have many wonderful memories from this trip.

3. Reply
    tara
    July 5, 2016 at 2:29 am

Great photos!!! The Tetons are one of the most beautiful places I have been!

1. Reply
      Laurie
      July 5, 2016 at 6:36 pm

Thanks Tara. I would go back in a heart beat, although next time, we are going to have to fly!

4. Reply
    Sarah CraftInvaders
    July 5, 2016 at 7:05 am

Amazing Landscape – looks a wonderful trip 🙂

1. Reply
      Laurie
      July 5, 2016 at 6:37 pm

Thanks Sarah. It is a beautiful part of the country and I'm looking forward to making my way back to that area again sometime. Appreciate you stopping by for a look 🙂

5. Reply
    Beverly Roderick
    July 7, 2016 at 4:11 am

Laurie, the photos are wonderful. It's so great that you all had such a fun family vacation!

1. Reply
      Laurie
      July 7, 2016 at 4:28 am

Thanks Beverly. It was hard to just pick a few from the trip, there were so many beautiful photos taken. Thanks for stopping by and for the share 🙂

6. Reply
    Sam - Raggedy Bits
    July 7, 2016 at 4:13 am

WOW What amazing photo's! I soooo hope to visit your neck of the woods one day! So different to here in Australia! Looks like you guys had an amazing time! So many precious memories! Pinned, tweeted and stumbled 🙂

1. Reply
      Laurie
      July 7, 2016 at 4:30 am

Thanks Sam. Ha, I feel the same about Australia! I guess it's pretty common though, the desire to go somewhere you have never been and see things with your own eyes! Thanks so much for the visit and the shares 🙂

7. Reply
    Calypso In The Country
    August 6, 2016 at 2:40 am

Your photos are beautiful and your kids are adorable! I have never been to that section of the country but it's on my list. Thanks so much for linking up at Take Me Away! Enjoy your weekend!
    Shelley

1. Reply
      Laurie
      August 6, 2016 at 4:17 am

Thanks Shelley. It was way worth the drive. Beautiful part of the country.